Altima Auto Insurance Agency helps you choose from a variety of personal insurance and business insurance solutions.
Earthquake Insurance provided by Altima Auto Insurance Agency
While you can’t plan for earthquakes, you can be prepared — and that can make all the difference. Earthquake coverage can help cover your finances if something happens to your home, condo or rental unit. Because damage from earthquakes isn’t typically covered under standard homeowners, condo or renters policies, it’s key to get coverage even if you’re not living in California or Hawaii.
What is Earthquake Insurance?
Earthquake insurance covers damage to your home, personal belongings and additional living expenses if you need to temporarily live somewhere else after an earthquake. Standard homeowners and renters insurance policies typically don’t include earthquake coverage, but you may add it to an existing homeowners insurance policy as an endorsement or purchase it as a separate policy.
What is covered under Earthquake Insurance?
Standard homeowners insurance policies generally don’t cover damage from earthquakes and floods. That’s why people buy separate earthquake insurance – or flood insurance if you live in an area prone to those disasters. Here are some things covered by earthquake insurance once you’ve paid your earthquake deductible:
- Earthquake damage to the home or other structures on the property
- Earthquake damage done to personal property
- Additional living expenses if earthquake damages make your home temporarily uninhabitable
Why is Earthquake Insurance important?
Earthquake insurance is worth it if you live in a high-risk area
- Earthquake insurance is not included in standard homeowners insurance but must, instead, be purchased as a separate rider.
- States located near fault lines (California, Alaska, Oklahoma, etc.) are more likely to experience earthquakes.
- You should consider purchasing earthquake insurance if you live near a fault-line or high risk area.
We don’t think the unthinkable will happen until it does. But the very essence of insurance is to help us be prepared for the unthinkable and to lower our financial burden of losses. Earthquake insurance is no exception. Adding an earthquake endorsement to your homeowners insurance policy will help to protect you from minor or catastrophic losses resulting from an earthquake. If you live near an active fault line or in a high or moderate risk area, earthquake insurance may be essential to your peace of mind.
Call us now to know more about Earthquake insurance.